Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Network of Tubes

Our cage install went pretty well. One bit of panic came early. We had tacked the main hoop, halo and front down tubes in place and thought "Gee, if we shift the whole thing forward we'll have better access to the welds". So we did. The panic came when we went to shift it back and saw that the final welds had warped the frame by about 8". Much grunting and pushing followed. Trevor and I eventually persuaded the cage into position using a Hi-Lift jack and a piece of spare tubing. We even still have all of our fingers!
A few more evenings of measuring, cutting and welding got the rest of the tubes in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment